The owners of Good City Architects:
- Are followers of Jesus Christ,
- Believe that Jesus Christ requires that all His followers strive tolive their lives in a manner that is consistent with the precepts and doctrinesof their faith which are grounded solely in the Bible, and therefore
- Seek to operate Good City in accordance with the principles of theirfaith and strive to make all business decisions, including hiring decisions anddecisions about business activity, according to Biblical principles.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God;
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- In the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory;
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential;
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
- That all those who die in God’s grace through faith are assured eternal salvation and those who die in a state of sin and unbelief suffer the punishment of Hell;
- In the spiritual unity and equality of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ;
- God immutably creates each person as male or female, which reflect the image and nature of God, and that rejecting one’s biological sex rejects the created image of God;
- God designed marriage as a unique conjugal relationship joining one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, life-long union, and that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman joined in marriage;
- All forms of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, polygamy, polyandry, bestiality, incest, pornography, and acting upon any disagreement with one’s biological sex) are sinful and offensive to God; and
- God endows all human life with inherent dignity at every stage of development and it must be respected and protected from conception to natural death, and that the unjustified, intentional taking of human life before or after birth is sinful and offensive to God.
Principles and Purpose
We rely solely upon God’s redemptive grace for our existence, our vision, and our sustenance, trusting in His sovereignty as we seek to convey hope to all we serve.
We are committed to helping Christian ministries make smart, God-honoring decisions about the space they use, in pursuit of greater efficiency and effectiveness in their work.
We work with the conviction that buildings, though mere instruments of God’s work in the world, are capable of great impact on the lives of their inhabitants and neighbors. To that end, we pursue appropriate balance between the needs and desires of our clients and their duty to be a blessing to the communities they serve.
We acknowledge that all resources are a gift from God and so hold ourselves to the highest standards of accountability to Him and to those we serve. We counsel our clients to do the same.